Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Por fin in Magdalena!

Hey all,

A quick update on things thus far...I had a great finish in Morelia, then flew back to Indiana and had an incredibly tiring but very fun time catching up with friends, coworkers, family (a new nephew), and Leo in general. My parents and I drove to Illinois and I spent an equally enjoyable but slower-moving time in Princeville, again catching up with friends and family. Finally, I flew to Dallas, stopped for the night to see my brother and his family in their new home, and flew the next morning to Tucson, where I was picked up by Bill and Joan Schick. After some shopping and other chores, we drove to Magdalena, where I have spent the last few days settling in.

Some things to pray for...

My spanish is not nearly strong enough to function effectively, so pray for my mind, mouth, and ears, and pray that I'll have time to study and catch up to where I need to be.

The school is being forced into a very abrupt and rapid start because of some timing issues beyond the control of CVE, so pray that the books, teachers, and materials arrive on time.

Also, because of the rapid start, pray that the teachers, staff, and students would have a supernatural measure of patience, understanding, love, wisdom, and flexibility as we begin the year.

Also, a quick note on the links to pictures in the sidebar: if you don't like watching the pictures go slowly by in a slide show, after clicking on the link in my blog that takes you to Photobucket, you can click on the button that says "main" for main view (look in the top right corner of your screen) and it will take you to a place that shows you all the pictures at once, instead of a random selection of pictures one at a time.

Thanks,

Todd

2 comments:

  1. We are glad for another connection to CVE! We ARE praying for all of you down there..and trust God to go before you with the school challenges! I thought your verse today was fitting! God be with you as you settle in..the Schlipf's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Doug and Krista, we know how to keep up with you (somewhat). Thanks for the updates and God bless you all esp with the start of the school year. Wayne and Char

    ReplyDelete